This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data.
Our website and services may contain links to independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies.
We may change the privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is Urban Sale and Let Limited a company registered in England under company number 0885118, whose registered address is Unit 102 Bowen Court, St Asaph Business Park, St Asaph, LL17 0JE. Our VAT number is 311 0532 69.
Our Data Protection Officer is Josh Buchanan and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01244 886636, or by post at 19 Charles Street, Hoole, Chester, CH2 3AY. We are regulated by PRS ( Property Redress scheme).
What type of information will we collect from you?
The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
- Full name and contact details (including your contact number, emergency contact details, email and postal address).
- Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this, consisting of photographic ID, proof of address and which may also consist of special category personal data comprising your biometric identity and/or immigration documentation.
- Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations.
- We require the bank account details for the account you have used for letting a property or, where renting, to set up an approved tenancy deposit account for you and arrange for rental payments.
- Information on any access requirements you have necessary to enable us to find suitable properties for you, which may consist of special category personal data comprising details of any disability or other health information about you.
- Details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and services.
- Information providing evidence of proof of funds for the purchase of properties as required under anti money laundering regulations.
- Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect to our App, device location data where this function is not disabled by you on your device, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone correspondence created when you contact us as part of a product or service query.
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.